It was another very strong week for sellers through AuctionsPlus this week, assisted by an 8% decline in supplies across all sales - totaling 17,867 head. The chase for young cattle continued to keep prices at all time high levels, as very willing buyers maintained clearance rates at over 90%. In contrast, prices for cows and joined stock eased back this week, with PTIC cows with calves at foot losing almost all of last week’s big gains.
Steers weight 280-330kg finished $48/head higher this week, averaging $1,590/head - with a clearance rate of 93%. Similarly, demand for the two lighter categories was also robust, with steers 200-280kg averaging $71/head higher, at $1,388/head, while the very scarce supply of steers less than 200kg has prices averaging $1,070/head – with a 95% clearance rate.
The lighter heifer categories regained all last week’s decline, and more, with overall supplies back. 200-280kg heifers averaged $1,325/head – up $101/head on last week, with a 63% clearance rate. Heifers 280-330kg also increased significantly, up $69/head, averaging $1,518/head – with the top price for the week hitting
Prices for the indicative categories reported for joined females all took a step lower this week, despite supplies across each category at similar levels to the previous week. With clearance rates below last week, buyers were reportedly hesitant to meet vendors levels, with only 49% of the 1,311 PTIC cows offered selling. PTIC cows averaged $507/head lower for the week, at $2,047/head, with some of the exceptionally high prices of last week absent.
PTIC joined heifers averaged $2,123/head this week, down $152/head – with the high for the week hitting $3,060/head. The limited offering of cows with calves at foot averaged $33/head lower for the week, averaging $2,730/head.
Note: all prices reported below are as at 2pm, Friday 19th February.
For more categories, please go to:
Selected results from this week’s auctions
• Home Hill: 56 PTIC cows, Brahman/Brahman Cross. 3-12yrs age, average 420.6kg liveweight. SOLD $1,660/head.
• Richmond: 88 PTIC cows, Brahman/Brahman Cross. 10-15yrs age, average 520.3kg liveweight. PASSED IN.
• Isisford: 52 PTIC cows, Santa Gertrudis/Santa Cross. 2-11yrs age, average 501kg liveweight. SOLD $1,760.
• Isisford: 124 station mated cows & 124 calves, Santa Gertrudis/Santa Cross, 2-11yrs, 443.7kg liveweight. SOLD $2,240/head
• Cracow: 191 PTIC heifers, Droughtmaster/Droughtmaster, 24-48 months, 493.1kg liveweight. PASSED IN.
• Quilpie: 65 station mated hiefers, Brahman/Brahman, 16-24 months, 283kg liveweight. SOLD $1,190/head.
• ST George: 158 station mated cows & 86 calves, Brahman/Brahman cross, 3-14yrs, 304kg liveweight. SOLD $1,460/head
• Goondiwindi: 81 PTIC heifers, Charbray/Charbray, 18-24 months, 471.3kg liveweight, SOLD $2,030/head.
• Goondiwindi: 58 PTIC cows, Santa Gertrudis/Composite, 2.5-11yrs. 544.5kg liveweight, PASSED IN.
• Julia Creek: 120 heifers, Santa Gertrudis/Santa Cross, 10-20 months, 187.1kg liveweights, SOLD $1,155/head.
• Alpha: 76 weaned heifers, Angus/Angus cross, 8-12 months, 257.7kg liveweight, SOLD $1,265/head.
• Emerald: 64 heifers, Angus/Brangus cross, 10-17 months, 326.3kg liveweight, SOLD $1,377/head
• Biloela: 100 backgrounder steers, Composite/Composite, 13-17 months, 329.4kgs liveweight, SOLD $1,700
• Roma: 58 weaned Steers, Angus/Angus, 9-12 months, 283.1kgs liveweight, SOLD $1,670/head
• Westmar: 24 backgrounder heifers, Droughtmaster/Droughtmaster, 7-8 months, 217.1kgs liveweight, PASSED IN.
• Tenterfield: 34 station mated cows & 34 calves, Brangus/Brangus, 5yrs, 478.1kg liveweight, SOLD $3,400/head-
• Yetman: 37 PTIC cows, Hereford/Hereford, 4-8yrs, 663.7kg liveweight, SOLD, $2,500 head.
• Barraba: 66 PTIC cows, composite/composite, 2-5yrs, 526.3kg liveweight, PASSED IN.
• Glen Innes: 10 non station mated cows & 10 calves, Angus/Angus, 2-8yrs, 476.6kg liveweight, SOLD $3,420/head.
• Guyra: 58 PTIC cows, Wagyu/Angus, 6-10yrs, 604kg liveweight, PASSED IN
• Jugiong: 18 non station mated cows & 28 calves, 6-10yrs, 595.3kg liveweight, SOLD $2,980/head.
• Wodonga: 20 PTIC heifers, Angus/Hereford, 14-15 months, 380kg liveweight, SOLD $2,100/head.
• Uralla: 21 unweaned steers, Angus/Angus, 6-7months, 264.3kg liveweight, SOLD $1,575/head.
• Gunnedah: 86 backgrounder steers, Angus/Angus, 6 months, 254.3kg liveweight, SOLD $1,655/head
• Bunnan: 30 feeder steers, Angus/Angus, 12-16 months, 441kg liveweight, SOLD $2,015/head
• Cumnock: 77 backgrounder steers, Droughtmaster/Droughtmaster, 14-20 months, 308.7kg, SOLD $1,500/head.